Sunday, July 19, 2009

Party minus one

JT had a party tonight, and while it was going, We started having a little jam between Jon, myself, and Jon's buddy Pete. We had two guitars and we kept passing them around. Pete is a really solid guitar player... and Jon and I are ok, but we don't have either the knowledge or the flair to be really impressive. As we were playing I thought about how, when playing with Pete, Jon and I filled similar roles as when we played with Fred.

Then, inspired, I thought about things from what I might consider Fred's perspective. Here's this guy who spent several years always playing beneath his level. Fred taught Jon and I a lot about music through jams and conversations.

Later, I thought about how I've recently been considering taking guitar lessons; I took group lessons as a kid, but I'm mostly self taught. I'd mentioned to Lila that I'd never really had a real guitar teacher, but then I just realized, I have, and he's Fred.

Thanks man.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:15 AM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX0SD_cazhs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Dave, I love you too man.

    And that's how I know you're gay (nice video work Avery).

    ReplyDelete