Friday, December 07, 2012

Windows 8 Thoughts

I spent the evening (about 5 hours) installing and optimizing windows 8. It has gotten some pretty mixed reviews, but I have to say, I have managed to get everything exactly the way I want it! A necessary download is Start8... it gives you a start menu (a very customizable start menu) back. Why Microsoft didn't include it originally, I'll never know. But frankly, I don't care because Start8 is so good I might have downloaded it anyways. The Aero interface (formerly known as metro) is solid. I can see why some people don't like it, but if you spend some time customizing it, it provides a very fast and efficient launch pad. I have to look for a modifier that lets you run more than one aero tool at a time, as right now there is little multitasking capability, but overall I don't mind it. Multiple monitor support is improved - you don't need to run a 3rd party app to get two different desktop backgrounds. So that's a plus! Software install was fine - no problems with Windows 7 application support in 8. Only problem I am having is getting my Razer Peripherals Tron Mouse Driver to recognize the Tron mouse that is attached to the computer. I will work on it tomorrow when I am not dead tired! Of course, I will need all day tomorrow to recover from this upgrade session. So if you are on the fence about Windows 8 I say go for it provided you also download Start8. Spend the time customizing aero and finding where Microsoft has hidden things (like the nicely buried Windows 7 disk backup tool - now in the control panel!). I think if most users put in the time, they'd be perfectly happy with Windows 8.

3 comments:

  1. Good post. I was deciding on whether to switch or not, but I think I'll give it a shot. I do like the metro display it looks good. Plus I'm hoping that windows 8 has a completely new kernel so that may solve my blue screen problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giant traveling sprinklers lavish water over fields in the US midwest, for instance, while rice plots from southern Louisiana to the Philippines get the full-on treatment of flood irrigation.

    ReplyDelete

  3. We hope these features could justify Xseed Video games which earlier local Ys More effective to push out there the Northern American-translated form of this specific reiteration, regardless of whether they will didn't basically announced virtually any promises to carry it more than. For the time being, enthusiasts regarding motion RPGs may look it over from other warm and friendly community simultaneous importance store.Forewarning: This article contains massive spoilers related to the particular ending in order to Myth: The Journey.We finally understand the Kinect's enormous potential. From the tapering times associated with Fairy tale: Your journey, I want to to choose that we was worrying simply because this online game was initially announced.
    Fifa world coins

    Fifa coins

    ReplyDelete