Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I have a few different pairs of headphones including a pair of fake Audio Technica ESW9s that I have made real by replacing every component myself with parts sourced directly from AT. But which is my favorite pair? Hmmm... a tough question.

I really like the Sennheiser PX100. The original one - not the new one. I spent around $35 on them years ago and with a recent set of replacement pads, they are as good as new. No - better than new since they have about 5 years of burn in on them!

The px100 folds up, comes with a hard carrying case, a reasonable length - noise free cord, a really well balanced Sennheiser sound.

I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones and what I've realized is that I would like a pair that just improves upon the px100. The obvious choices are the HD600 and the HD650 but I'm also interested in the HD700. I'm not naive enough to think that maybe a pair of ultrasones might be able to evoke the same response in me - so I'm reaching out to some other brands too.

No comments:

Post a Comment