Thursday, April 02, 2009

Hardware Review

Lets see:

If you already have a nice desktop, this is a great computer. I had problems with using remote disk, I think due to the Teacher's College firewall. Rather than spend some time on the phone with CIS, I decided that I really could use an external DVD-RW drive. Rather than buy the completely useless apple model (only, only works with the Air) I went for an LG model:

The drive has performed perfectly, and given that it is the same price as the apple model, and that it will work on any system (mac or pc) I can't imagine why you'd buy the other.

Obviously a sick laptop requires a sick case, and for that I turned to one of my three favorite computer bag companies, Waterfield Designs:

Mine's the same, except I put the flap on a vertical orientation to allow easier backpack access to the laptop. Hmm... I just realized how small this image is. Oh well!

Now, I'm thinking about mobile me... It seems like the type of thing that is a gimmick, but it really isn't that expensive... Only about $8 a month... And it will allow easier syncing across macines, of which I have three now... Hm... Lots of... Any one have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment