Monday, March 12, 2012

SSD added to the mix

Caved in an bought a 90 GB Corsair Force GT SSD for my new build. It seems like it would be a much bigger hassle to try to switch over to the SSD after setting everything up, so I decided that I may as well do it from the get go. This drive ended up costing me about 62 cents per gigabyte... not too bad, and it should have enough space for windows 7, Adobe Creative Suite, Lightroom, Office, a few web browsers, and a bunch of games. Storage will be handled by my Western Digital Caviar Black.

The only question remaining is have I bitten off more than I can chew? Luckily Maxwell can go to the daycare while I'm on spring break, so I'll have a good amount of uninterrupted time.

I'll need a new name for this machine (I have an Ironman, Atom, and Squeak...) Any suggestions?

1 comment: