Monday, September 05, 2005

After lots of traffic free labor day driving



Figured out how to add pictures to the blog.

So for everyone to know and directly for fred - you no longer have to join my blog in order to post stuff. Also look for a new section in the side bar which will have weekly shout outs for whatever I deem shoutoutable.

Very little traffic this weekend, it was kind of nice being one of the few cars traveling north on 95 today (monday). Also, I had previously thought that the best rest stop in the state of massachusettes was the Charlton Service plaza but today i discovered that the plaza in Lee is just as nice (relevant for people like libby who drive right past it) and plus today it had a rather dour looking clown making ballon animals for free.

Caught two (pretty big) crayfish in lila's house's stream on sunday for lila's cousins (two little girls, 1 year oldish and a 6 year old) who basically thought I was the man.

So I get kids tommorrow - took a walk out to the campsite I'll be staying at, its called Lower Club. It doesn't have enough wood, I'm going to make my kids haul big ass logs out there tommorrow so we can have enough wood to chop for the week. I'm really looking forward to actually starting my job. There are two "Club" campsites upper and lower, and lower is actually a little nicer. Were anyone to come visit they'd be more than welcome to check out a campsite.

Set up my wireless network today and basically I think it is the coolest thing ever. I also love how in the instruction manual for the router, there are pages and pages for the windows install and setup and all it says for the apple setup is "plug it in" & "reboot computer." Its a D-Link router, I picked it because it is small and after rebates which I still need to mail in, will only cost me 24 dollars. Which is pretty good.

I'm pretty beat right now so I'm going to go to bed - were emma to read my blog she'd find out that there is construction currently on 290 so I suggest bypassing it and staying on 495 all the way to the masspike.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:46 PM

    Thank you Dave. -Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 PM

    Momma Duke's World

    So I got almost all new kids on Friday- took a walk out to the craphole classroom I'm teaching at, its called "Room 343." It doesn't have enough chairs, I'm going to make my kids haul big ass trees that fell down in the hurricane out there tommorrow so we can have enough seats to sit in for the week. I'm really looking forward to when I actually know which kids I'm teaching. There are two "Club" lobbies, main and little, and little is actually a little nicer--the fights there only end in 10 students getting arrested. Were anyone to come visit they'd be more than welcome to check out my crazy school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Momma Duke's World

    So I got almost all new kids on Friday- took a walk out to the craphole classroom I'm teaching at, its called "Room 343." It doesn't have enough chairs, I'm going to make my kids haul big ass trees that fell down in the hurricane out there tommorrow so we can have enough seats to sit in for the week. I'm really looking forward to when I actually know which kids I'm teaching. There are two "Club" lobbies, main and little, and little is actually a little nicer--the fights there only end in 10 students getting arrested. Were anyone to come visit they'd be more than welcome to check out my crazy school.

    ReplyDelete