Thursday, September 18, 2008

Evolution

I've already mentioned that I think that the inclusion of magnetosphere as the new itunes visualizer is brilliant - but I've used itunes 8.0 a bit more and I've got some more comments.

Oftentimes apple's updates don't have a ton of visual implications for the user. Much of what is changed is "under the hood" so to speak and while there are new features, they don't compose the dominating bulk of the update.

Itunes 8.0 moves in a different direction. I feel that this is a true evolution of itunes, the genius feature is going to revolutionize music listening in the same way that the itunes store did. I've never felt that coverflow was really that great and I think the new implementation is also really nice.

I'm still exploring 8.0 but I'm finding listening to music with the new itunes to be a new experience compared to the old itunes, especially when you use the visualizer.

I've got a two screen setup and my left monitor is almost always set to show the visualizer now. Its just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment