Thursday, September 04, 2008

Vista

Lila got a new computer, an HP slimline, with an AMD 2.8ghz processor. Its got 4 gigs of RAM, a 500 gb hard drive, a decent graphics card and naturally it comes with Vista. Ignoring the possibility for a cheap joke here, the version of Vista it has is the best home version, not vista ultimate. We paired it with a 22" Acer LCD and picked up Office Student edition cheap, all from Newegg.

Got to give Newegg props, everything got here really really fast.

Vista is not so bad, I've decided. Running on a comp that is built for it, with a screen that is built for it, it runs quite nicely. Sure, I think we could squeeze a little more speed out of the system, but out of the box, it was ok. True, its not as easy a setup as a mac, nor as fast, but I found it acceptable.

I'm going to post anything I notice about it over the next few weeks or so. I figure a bunch of you people out there aren't ever going to switch (see the ad, Off the Air at the mac ads site) so you might be interested in what Vista's like from the perspective of a home user.

No comments:

Post a Comment