Sunday, August 14, 2005

Chewonki

So, its sunday night and tommorrow I start at chewonki. Lots of stuff has gone on in the last few days.
So I went to visit my old summer camp (and to visit adam, my bro) and I've decided that I really want to try to go back there sometime soon.

I went home for a few days. I'd say my mom is now completely off her rocker as opposed just mostly off her rocker. Sam (my other bro) has recently reached an entirely new level of obnoxiousness. Its very facetious but incredibly rude and insulting. My dad has recently started growing tomatos, he's bricked in parts of our yard trying to make it look fancier and is currently building a wall in our stream. If he has left over rocks he's going to make a waterfall.

Lila is good. We move into our housing for the fall on wednesday. We actually have a house to ourselves (spare bedroom) so visitors are encouraged.

A new mom story : The time mom wouldn't shut the door when I was naked
So we briarcliff at 10 pm to drive five hours up to the adirondacks to the middle of nowhere so mom can go to this art exhibit the next morning. We drive for three hours in a wicked rainstorm (thunder lightning dogs and cats sleeping together) and eventually we get to where we're going. We go to sleep in this tiny room. Next morning we wake up and I get in the shower and so on. I went in to the bathroom in dirty underwear and I had clean ones so I wanted to put new ones on, so I go out of the bathroom naked, not a big deal in my family. However, the door to the motel is wide open and there are people outside. I go, "Mom can you shut the door?" She makes a big fuss and then half-heartedly pushes on the door which doesn't shut. So I'm like "Whatever." But then these tourist types start standing in front of our door so i go "Mom, come on, shut the door!" She bitches a little and then goes into the bathroom. She comes out, yells at dad telling him that he should've shut the door (Despite the fact that she was about two feet away from it and he was probably like twelve feet away froom it) and then gets in her car (we went up in three cars) and drives away!!

Anyways its pouring rain here, all the other new staff has to sleep in tents because their housing isn't ready yet but I get to stay with lila which is infinetly preferable.

Tommorrow should be fun and action packed.

I saw ella yesterday.
Conor got an electronic drum set. I am very proud of him.
I found my orientation shorts and am wearing them.

Emma says my hair is cute.
My doctor says I should get tested for allergies but I don't want to because a runny nose builds character.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:42 PM

    dave mortimer...

    I just sent you an email to your bowdoin account, but it got bounced back to me. Perhaps it doesn't work anymore. Read this article and remember a conversation that we once had in Cramer's laboratory.

    http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/21/news/economy/vegetable_cars/index.htm?

    Some other reading I was doing talked a lot about ethanol being a much
    more viable fuel alternative for large scale production. If you are
    interested, have a look at this stuff below. What is really
    interesting is the process of making ethanol not only from corn, but
    from any carbon-containing material.... read turning your lawn
    clippings or sewage sludge into fuel? That's a more viable option than
    the .07% boost that the fryer oil industry has to offer. And from the
    sounds of it, the technology is not that far away to make it happen.

    (.07% =small)

    http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/22/news/economy/cellulose_ethanol/index.htm
    http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/23/technology/futureboy0623.biz2/index.htm

    hope all's well!
    morgan

    ReplyDelete